"The greatest mystery is not that we have been flung at random between the profusion of matter and of the stars, but that within that prison we can draw from ourselves images powerful enough to deny our nothingness." Andre Malraux


26 September, 2010

Bryn Terfel

I won't pretend to follow opera with anything resembling regularity, but I do enjoy it in an casual, uninformed, can't-afford-to-go sort of way. I've always wanted to see Wagner's Ring Cycle, though, so I've been watching the story of the Metropolitan Opera's new production with some interest. The lead, Bryn Terfel, is internationally acclaimed, but I'd never heard of him before. I've been listening to him all day -- amazing voice. While I wait to hit them winnin' lotto numbers so's I can go, here's Bryn doing some non-Ring ditty to tide us over....

No comments:

Post a Comment